C++ Software Engineer
Global Energy Company
Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Since I first started talking about joining Aubay, I was immediately struck with how open and transparent the discussions were, and how they truly listened to what I was looking for to find the right role for me. The pride in ensuring that their word is their bond really came through, and still something that I see two and a half years into working for Aubay.
Benefits from Aubay
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remunerations package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client.
25 Days Annual Leave
Perkbox Discount Scheme
Work From Home Opportunities
Opportunities to Work Directly with our Client
Discount Holidays at I'Aero Chalet
Aubay is seeking an experienced C++ Software Engineer to join our global client in the Energy sector and help drive transformative changes in key trading capabilities. You'll contribute to software delivery, including new development and integration. This role provides an opportunity to work closely within a high-performing team, shaping the future of digital trading platforms and showcasing your skills in a pivotal environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in C++ and familiarity with C#
- 7+ years of IT experience, including relevant leadership exposure
- Solid trading background is required
- Leading SAFe (Certification would be highly desirable)
- Experience with .Net Core
- API management experience
- Ability to break down tasks using Jira/ADO
- Clear articulation and reporting of progress in code delivery
- Experience in conducting code reviews and offering constructive feedback
- Prior experience in Financial Exchange Connectivity
- Strong team player with an open learning mindset
Key Role Responsibilities
- Contribute to software delivery encompassing new development, third-party package integration, and software lifecycle management.
- Actively participate in the development of adapters linking the client's trading platform to various exchanges.
- Engage in tasks spanning the SDLC, including design, programming, development, and software deployment (installation and decommissioning).
- Collaborate closely with the team to design and implement robust solutions for enhancing trading capabilities.
- Efficiently manage tasks using tools like Jira/ADO and report progress on code delivery effectively.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure quality and compliance with established standards.