Head of QA
Digital Asset Service Provider
Our client is a leading cryptocurrency custodian focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. As a subsidiary of an international bank, they utilise their deep and multi-market expertise to provide secure and innovative services for digital assets.
Benefits from Aubay
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remunerations package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client.
25 Days Annual Leave
Perkbox Discount Scheme
Work From Home Opportunities
Opportunities to Work Directly with our Client
Discount Holidays at I'Aero Chalet
Aubay is seeking a Head of QA to play a crucial global role, ensuring quality across the UK, Europe, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore and Japan. Collaborating with cross-functional teams, this position involves driving continuous improvement initiatives and upholding the company's commitment to global quality standards. The ideal candidate has an excellent product understanding, collaborative mindset, effective communication, and strong leadership skills are indispensable for excelling in this dynamic role. Emphasising teamwork, seamless communication, and robust leadership, this position will play a central role within the global engineering team.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of professional experience, which of those, the last 5 years in a QA Lead/Head of QA role
- Previous experience in the financial industry and with blockchain technologies
- Expertise in architecting QA strategies tailored for growth and expansion.
- Ability to foresee challenges and adapt strategies accordingly.
- Understanding of industry best practices in QA methodologies.
- Deep experience in automated and manual tests in either desktop, web, or mobile applications, developing and validating requirements and running and supervising QA activity.
- Multiple automation tool channels for evaluation
- Great Leadership and Team Management
- Proficiency in hands-on implementation of QA processes.
- In-depth understanding of testing techniques and methodologies.
- Experience in executing testing campaigns and analysing results.
- Ability to define clear-cut metrics and reports for QA processes.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and identify trends.
- Communication skills to present reports in a universally understandable manner.
- Attention to detail in maintaining traceability of test results.
- Proficiency in documenting test evidence, graphs, and other documentation.
- Understanding of audit requirements and compliance standards.
- Strong collaboration skills to work closely with business analysts and developers.
- Excellent communication skills to convey release impacts and test plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the company.
- Knowledge of QA environment infrastructure maintenance.
- Ability to ensure optimal state of infrastructure for accurate test results.
- Experience in preserving relevance in test results through infrastructure management.
- Ability to develop and maintain onboarding pack and documentation.
- Experience in facilitating smooth onboarding experiences for new team members.
- Attention to detail to ensure completeness and clarity of documentation.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art testing tools.
- Experience in ensuring continuous access to testing tools for the QA department.
- Ability to evaluate and implement new testing tools as needed.
- Experience in collaborating to establish team OKRs, to align team goals with company objectives.
- Architect a robust QA strategy tailored for both growth and geographic expansion.
- Lead the team in executing the QA strategy, actively participating in hands-on implementation, and guiding testing campaigns.
- Implement clear-cut metrics and reports, universally understandable, to streamline the release signoff process.
- Maintain exemplary traceability of test results, ensuring effortless retrieval of historical test evidence, graphs, and documentation, which is crucial for audit purposes.
- Collaborate closely with business analysts and development to fully understand release impacts and plan associated tests.
- Effectively communicate team activities, controls, and strategy to all stakeholders across the company, ensuring ongoing transparency in platform quality.
- Empower the entire team to collectively ensure the QA environment infrastructure is maintained in its optimal state, preserving relevance in test results.
- Develop and maintain an onboarding pack and documentation for a swift and seamless onboarding experience for new arrivals.
- Ensure continuous access to state-of-the-art testing tools for the Quality department, consistently securing their ability to fulfil their quality control responsibilities.
- Collaborate in establishing the team's OKRs and be accountable for their achievement.