IT Business Analyst
Aligne ETRM, Gas Trading
Global Energy Company
Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
"I had always wanted to work at [client name] and Aubay was able to get me in the door and help me land my dream job. Aubay approached me back in 2019, and from day one Aubay has supported me to reach my career goals. The Aubay model gives you a stronger sense of security to leave one job and go to a new job. Even when it came time to have the conversations about converting and becoming a [client name] employee, I felt like I was in a strong place because I had Rick Tolfrey and Aubay by my side. What I really liked about Aubay is that it always felt like the decision to convert was mine. One of the things that I really like about [client name] is that each year, I get to work on something slightly different, and in each role, I have an impact. I can vouch that I had a really good experience as an Aubay employee and that they played a key role in getting me to where I want to be in my career."
Benefits from Aubay
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remunerations package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client.
25 Days Annual Leave
Perkbox Discount Scheme
Work From Home Opportunities
Opportunities to Work Directly with our Client
Discount Holidays at I'Aero Chalet
Aubay is seeking a Senior Business Analyst with solid expertise in Aligne ETRM and excellent Gas Trading domain knowledge. Ability to understand complex requirements and design solutions to meet business requirements. You will perform business analysis and execute change activities, including project work and sustain and improvement enhancements. The person will work alongside Project Managers, developers, and other BAs to provide IT solutions and support to meet their business needs.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-8 years of experience as a Business Analyst, with expert knowledge of Aligne ETRM applications.
- Ability to create complex PNL/MTM reports in the Aligne Reporter
- Takes a systematic and analytical approach to problem-solving and pays close attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong engagement skills, working with senior leaders regularly.
- Need for team-working solid skills in a virtual environment.
- Must have excellent analytical aptitude and be able to analyse complex problems/requirements and define functionally advanced IT solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of Gas Capacity management
- Deep expertise in the Aligne (ETRM) application functionality, report writing and system configuration to meet business requirements.
- Understand and be able to consult on the Business processes supported by the Aligne application.
- IT Business analysis work on project, discretionary, and operational items. This would include Business Analysis, Business Requirements Definition, Business Solution Design, Functional Specification & Acceptance Criteria, and Acceptance Test Plan and Management solutions for delivering change projects and minor enhancements.
- Applying available standards, methods, and tools intelligently and effectively and contributing to Shell BA best practices.
- Producing a consistently high standard of documentation, both in a technical and a descriptive nature.
- Generating innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities to enhance results or maximise potential through researching potential solutions and creative ideas. Follow and implement the Information Risk Management policies and procedures.