Full Stack Software Engineer
Commodities Trading, Wholesale Energy Markets
Global Energy Company
Upstream/Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy and Trading
Our client is one of the Super Major global energy companies with who are working to power progress through cleaner energy solutions. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally, and work towards transforming the business of a Super Major energy company to meet the ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate. In your role you will be expected to enact change and deliver value globally across business lines and geographies.
Because you are not a direct employee right away, you have the flexibility to land in the company, understand how the business operates, and see what opportunities are available that interest you and have those conversations internally. I was presented with my current opportunity because of Aubay and its model which made it easier to get in the door and land the position I wanted within [a Global Energy Company]'s business.
Benefits from Aubay
At Aubay UK, people are at the heart of our business. We offer a competitive remunerations package which includes a range of benefits. You will receive continuous support from our dedicated team of Talent Acquisition Specialists who will support your career development and success during your assignment with our client.
25 Days Annual Leave
Perkbox Discount Scheme
Work From Home Opportunities
Opportunities to Work Directly with our Client
Discount Holidays at I'Aero Chalet
Aubay is seeking a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our client’s IT Engineering team in the Energy sector. You will not only work with the latest technology, but you will also get the opportunity to shape future digital technology by working with the biggest players in the IT industry. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to software engineering best practices, delivering valuable software solutions and fostering continuous improvement.
Required Skills & Experience
- Over 5+ years of relevant software development experience with a fairly Full-Stack profile (experience in front-end, back-end, cloud automation and orchestration)
- Proficient in .NET and .NET Core (Web, API, Windows, Services) with Azure Platform Development (Serverless Computing, Azure Functions, Azure Services, Azure Storage, Logic Apps)
- Proficient in building multi-threading applications
- Experience using Cloud Native CI/CD tools is highly desirable
- Deep experience in Data Development (T-SQL /Oracle Pl/SQL /Azure Cosmos/ Azure SQL/ Mongo etc.)
- Knowledge of Commodities Trading and Wholesale Energy Markets will be a key differentiator.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience of C++, Python, Golang and other programming frameworks and paradigms
- Knowledge of other Cloud (AWS Lambda etc), and Integration (MuleSoft, Logic Apps, BizTalk etc) technologies
- Knowledge of containers and functions is highly desirable
- Deployment experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or Functions
- Experience developing applications based on microservices architecture
- Demonstrated application of the best patterns & practices in the software development life cycle
- Experience working in agile teams with demonstrated application of the principles
- Solution consultation and development in accordance with the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods, and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premises solutions, cloud, and legacy systems