Effective 1 October 2022
This notice sets out the basis in which any personal data that is collected or provided by you will be processed by Aubay UK Limited and any Aubay Group compay (hereinafter as “AUBAY”)
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully to understand the views and practices regarding your personal data and how AUBAY treat it. The General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation which applies in order to protect Personal Data. The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Your rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force, the data controller is AUBAY registered at 30 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London E14 5RE, represented by Rick TOLFREY, Country Manager.
AUBAY provides computer consulting services and networking architecture and engineering.
In order to exercise its activity, AUBAY could collect personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business:
- Prospective and placed candidates for roles with our clients;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers.
Candidates have most likely to have applied directly to AUBAY or on occasion we may have found details from a job board or social networking site. AUBAY collects information to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to AUBAY or we collect about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with AUBAY by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information contained in your CV.
- Information you provide when you submit forms via our website, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the site, or survey and when you report a problem with the website.
Using these cookies helps us to understand how visitors use and move around our website, which informs improvements and adaptions to our website to best meet our visitors' needs
Links to other websites
Where AUBAY provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
Information AUBAY obtains from other sources.
AUBAY may obtain information about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, and personal recommendations. In line with the new GDPR regulations, effective 25th of May 2018, if AUBAY have obtained your information from other sources, AUBAY will make this privacy notice accessible to you, inform you the source your information originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
AUBAY works closely with third Parties including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, IT professionals, payment and other services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and professional advisors. AUBAY may receive information about you from third parties for the purposes of our recruitment services and ancillary support services.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
AUBAY may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable AUBAY to submit your CV and other personal information to its Clients for Clients' services.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from AUBAY or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out the obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and AUBAY, more particularly any employee agreement, where AUBAY engages a person to work for us, there are other statutory obligations that must be compiled with including payroll, tax, social security, HMRC reporting requirements, and any other law or regulation.
AUBAY will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client.
Should AUBAY want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA
AUBAY will disclose your personal information to third parties.
- We may send your personal information, including sensitive personal information, to our clients in order to enable us to comply with IT services furnished under Agreements signed with our clients
- Where we have retained your personal information to provide services, at the request of our client, such as reference, qualification and reference checking services or the verification or any data provided by y
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If AUBAY or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where AUBAY store and process your personal data The data that AUBAY collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ( ‘EEA’). It may be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA for the purpose of our recruitment and employment services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. AUBAY will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although AUBAY will do its best to protect your personal data, AUBAY cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once AUBAY has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
AUBAY understands its legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as it needs it for its legitimate business interests and that you are happy for it to do so. Accordingly, AUBAY has a data retention notice and runs data routines to remove data that AUBAY no longer has a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
AUBAY does the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- Prior to making an introduction AUBAY checks that it has accurate information about you
- AUBAY keeps in touch with you so you can let them know of changes to your personal data
The criteria AUBAY will use to determine whether we should retain your personal data includes:
- The nature of the personal data;
- Its perceived accuracy;
- Legal obligations; and
- Whether an interview or job offer has been arranged
- Whether you are employed by AUBAY.
Your rights. How you can access, correct, and delete your personal information
You have the right to ask AUBAY not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. AUBAY will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if AUBAY intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes, we will collect express consent if legally required prior to using your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation of whether any of your personal information is processed. You may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask AUBAY to provide you with an electronic copy of your information
- Right to correct your personal information: if you can demonstrate that personal information held about you is incorrect, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected
- Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: this enables you to ask AUBAY to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask AUBAY to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- You can make a complaint to a supervisory body in the United Kingdom which is the Information Commissioner's Office. ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. It is encouraged that you contact AUBAY to ensure your data is accurate and complete.
Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes AUBAY makes to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to AUBAY. Email Address: [email protected] By Post: Aubay UK, 30 Churchill Place, London E14 5RE, United Kingdom